With less than 2 weeks to go, there’s still time to consider attending the World Whale Conference in October!
For those already attending the WWC2019, WCA’s co-hosts, Fraser Coast Tourism and Events have some really exciting activities lined up for you & to showcase Hervey Bay to the world. This all kicks off with a VIP welcome reception for all conference participants and dignitaries in the late afternoon on Monday, 7 October – an event really not to be missed!
We will be doing some fundraising – including a silent auction – even if you can’t attend and you’d like to donate any items, if attending, or vouchers for the auction, it will be appreciated.
Qantas, our WWC airline partner, is offering great flight deals for conference delegates and Budget Car Rental are offering discounted deals. Please visit this link to take advantage of these specials: https://www.worldwhaleconference.com/Travel/Getting-There
Bookings are now open for the Stranding Event – Rescue Skills Workshop on Saturday 12 October – there are only 35 places – on a 1st come 1st serve basis so please book quickly. The training is hosted by ORRCA (Organisation for the Rescue and Research of Cetaceans in Australia).
Just to tempt you further there is an exciting line up of speakers and other great events being arranged including:
- Scientific programme focusing on cetacean migrations and ecotourism.
- Responsible whale watching programme (including captivity and sanctuaries update).
- Whale Heritage Sites Summit.
- Community and arts initiatives that relate people to cetaceans.
- Human behaviour change training to help ensure effective messaging for marine conservation.
- Whale watching trips in World Class Hervey Bay.
- Lots of celebrations and fun including a conference dinner.
Tickets are still available https://www.worldwhaleconference.com/Tickets-and-Registration
Please refer to the conference website for more detail and regular updates https://www.worldwhaleconference.com/ or send us an email.
Hope to see you in Hervey Bay!