1. To prevent the population reduction or extinction of any cetacean
2. To prevent any cetacean being held in captivity except for rehabilitation and sanctuary purposes.
3. To prevent humankind’s deliberate or accidental killing of any cetacean.
4. To protect critical habitat including key breeding, feeding and migratory areas for cetaceans.
5. To promote responsible whale and dolphin watching as an opportunity to learn, inspire and educate, on trips that are as low impact as possible.
6. To base our findings on sound science and work collaboratively to build information resources valuable to our Partners and the wider stakeholder community working to protect cetaceans.
7. To raise the profile of the issues affecting cetaceans and their habitats through advocacy, publicity, public outreach and global information distribution
8. To work with governments, politicians, members of the public and industry to realize the Alliance’s mission and to campaign publicly and through political offices as necessary.
9. To encourage a global community of people who care for cetaceans and who learn about and respect them.
10. To expand the capacity, knowledge and experience of our Partners to act effectively on behalf of cetaceans and their habitats by representing their interests and supporting their work.
11. To respect, support and encourage all Partners, whether they are Individuals, Whale and Dolphin Watch Tour Operators, Non-Profit Organizations or ‘Other’ (Museums, Arts and Culture Institutes, Scientific Institute, Commercial Business e.g. clothing company, etc.).
12. To build the financial, logistical, legal and political support to ensure cetaceans are conserved for future generations.