01 Feb Responsible Whale Watching Guide Course
This year, the World Cetacean Alliance (WCA) is holding an intensive 5-day training programme to become a certified WCA Responsible Whale Watching Guide.
Dates: Monday 9th to Friday 13th October 2017
Location: WCA Headquarters, Brighton, UK
WCA’s Responsible Whale Watching Guide Course
The course will include:
- WCA Responsible Whale Watcher course and certification
- Lectures and training from seasoned professionals, including WCA CEO Dylan Walker; Ian Rowlands from WhaleFest and Gina Gow from Incredible Oceans
- Guide training
- Data collection and feedback
- Practical activities, including boat work
- Final presentation/assessment
After successful completion of the course, participants will be placed on a database of qualified guides from where WCA Partners and affiliates will be able to select suitable candidates for internships and guiding opportunities. Any successful placement will be subject to the terms and conditions of the WCA Partner or affiliate.
- Limited places available, so early registration is strongly encouraged
- Please send a full CV (maximum two pages) and a cover letter, including: previous experience, why you would like to participate in the course and, what you hope to achieve after completing the course, to email@example.com
- Applications will be open until 31st August and places will be confirmed by 5th September 2017. Full payment will be required by 18th September to secure your place on the course.
- Successful applicants will receive a welcome pack, including a WCA t-shirt
- A participation fee of £350 is required from all successful candidates, with a 10% discount for students and WCA members (£315). Refunds will not be given in respect of any cancellations made after 1st October. Refunds will be made in respect of cancellations made before this date, but will be subject to a £50 cancellation fee.
- Accommodation, travel and food expenses must be covered by the participants, but we can work with successful candidates to find something suitable
To apply, please email Lynne Burrell at: firstname.lastname@example.org